Friday, March 16, 2018

Shamrock Shake Time

Hey there. Are you one of those people that have to have at least one shamrock shake a year? Usually I am but this year I haven't had one yet. For some reason I think their shakes have gotten super sweet over the years. Maybe it is my age???
Today's card started with the HoneyBee Coffee Break set stamped in Versafine ink on 110lbs cardstock. I then masked the cup with a post-it and taped off the stripe area to blend some inks. I also stamped the straw while the cup was masked. After removing the masks I colored the shake and straw with a markers. The shamrock is a heart stamp that was stamped with Versafine ink also. Then I used a Zig journaling marker to draw the stem. Finally I coated the cup with Nuvo Crystal Glaze. Greeting is from Papertrey Ink stamped in Versafine black ink. 

Clover for a little luck!!

I used the My Favorite Things color challenge and the CAS(E) this Sketch as my inspiration. I will also add the card to the #EVErgreen challenge from Honeybee on Instagram. Thanks for stopping, Sue.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun take on our code word! I love the masked and inked strip of rainbow color, and that minty drink looks fabulous on top of it. Love the shine on the lid of the cup. Wonderful card all around! Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your super fun take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...