Saturday, March 3, 2018

Lucky Clover

Hello. Hope you all are enjoying your Saturday. I am going to share something here so if you don't want to listen just scroll down to my card. Lol
Have you ever had someone close to you criticize your work? It just sets you back a little. This was a good reminder to me when I look at others work too. We all put our heart into our projects and we need to remember that when judging others. Just be kind. We all can find something nice to say without stomping on people feeling. Thanks for listening now on to my card today. :)

I am still pretty new to the watercolor world and floating color with depth should be easy but I struggle with it looking natural. I started with Tim Holtz watercolor paper and mowed lawn distress stain. Using my water brush I tried to make layers of color drying with my heat gun between coats. When dry I used the Lawn Fawn heart dies to cut my clover cutting the stem free-hand with an exacto knife. Greeting is from Papertrey Ink stamped in Hunter green ink. I cut my panel to 4" by 5.25" and mounted to to a A2 white card base with foam tape. I added some Nuvo crystal drops and a quick spray of Shimmer Spritz. 


Followed the CASE this Sketch and added a
 lucky four leaf clover.


The color scheme is monochromatic, all green. 

Finally for Simon's Monday challenge I am hoping their is a lucky clover in my garden. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

15 comments:

  1. Some people are just jealous I guess, you card is lovely! I watch say yes to the dress and some ladies are just brutal to the bride, I don;t understand why...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card, love the green water color effect. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget those nasty peeps!! I love your card and may steal the idea. I love how you did the clover!! You rock girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ignore the negative Nellies!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the watercolor background!! I cannot do this like you did for the life of me. I think the little clover is perfection and LOVE the sentiment. GREAT take on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your watercolour background. It swims across the page and I think the die cut clover is really pretty. You've successfully combined a lot of challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! The watercolor is gorgeous and i love the pretty clover, really clever design! I'm so glad you shared with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was the 'close to you' part that saddened me, Sue. It's much easier to ignore those you don't know. But we do this for our own joy so keep on keeping on. Your watercolor is wonderful, like color pouring down the page and it's so clever to make your clover from hearts. I came here from CTS because your card caught my eye in the gallery but I also want to thank you for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I struggle with watercolour backgrounds but yours is very beautiful and you've achieved a gorgeous look for your shamrock, great card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the green watercolor background...looks like you're a pro at getting the colors to layer like that! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your layers of watercolors are beautiful. Love your heart die cut clover and fantastic job DIY cutting the stem. A great CAS design too. Awesome card! Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x
    Sorry to hear about the criticism from someone close to you. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your struggle paid off, Sue. Congratulations on your win at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is terrific and thanks for sharing your watercolor woes. I recently purchased watercolor pencils which were useless. I would like to learn this technique and you are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are always wonderful Sue!!! Honestly, I would not have known you struggle with watercolour because you managed a real masterpiece of natural looking ink here. Stunning design with the clover too. Ignore any negative comments - they are not worth your time or worry. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the wonderful loose watercolored background and your die-cut clover. You might have struggled - but the watercoloring is fabulous. So glad you joined us at Addicted to CAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...