Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Stars All Around

Hello. I needed a little stamp therapy tonight. I wanted to try the build a wreath challenge over at Papertrey Ink Make it Monday and thought I might make it a one layer star card for the Less is More challenge too. My first attempt was ok but I find myself with a great idea but don't always execute it the best. Here is the first card.
I used a Papertrey Ink white card base, traced a pencil circle on card front and stamped the stars from 3 different stamp sets around the circle.
PTI Take a Bough
PTI Holiday Treats
Technique Tuesday Jingle All the Way
Stamping Up greeting and ink
The second card I used Vintage Cream cardstock from Papertrey Ink with the same ink and stamps. 
My goal was to warm it up a bit. I also used a blending tool to rub some ink on the edges of the card. The wreaths are both accented with a Viva pearl pen in gold.
So I will enter these cards in the Less is More 
#350 One Layer Star Challenge and the 
PTI Make it Monday #300 Build a Wreath Challenge.
Thanks for stopping by, Sue.





3 comments:

  1. Another great take with these stamps, this has a more rustic feel, love it! Thanks for sharing your both wreath-cards at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful wreath of stars ! Love your neutral colours and the addition Viva pearl is amazing ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards, the addition of the pearly drops is gorgeous. If I had to pick a favourite I would choose the white, I just love crisp stamping on classic white.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...