Saturday, April 21, 2012

Three challenges in one..or two cards.

Hello, Hope you are having a great weekend.  I got some landscaping done before the rain moved in then a little baking this afternoon.  Stamping for tonight.  I started with the Playdate Cafe #128 Orange and Hot Pink challenge.  I used the CAS-Friday #49
challenge layout for the layout of the card.  Then finally I used the Papertrey MIM#62 challenge for the "Step-it-Up" challenge.
So this first card is a single layer with just stamping(die-cut window) and not layers.  The only extra was the little bit of bling in the star.  I always buy clear rhinestones and hit them with permanent markers to create the colors I need. To "step it up" I used a white base card and diecut the Framed Out #1 and #2 sets in Orange Zest and Raspberry Fizz inks.  The little flower was the heart border die cut from Raspberry Fizz felt and then I used just the rounded top portion to roll up and make the flower.  Leaves were some pins I found at JoAnn Fabrics and colored them with perm marker again.

This next pic just shows the layers.  Some of the diecuts
 I used two layers of pop dots with to give extra height.





Well that's all for now.  Thanks so much for stopping by
Sentimentally Sue.

6 comments:

  1. Love how you used the leaf pins for your felt flower - too sweet! Great color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So striking and gorgeous!The flower details are lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH! SO fun! Great use of these colors--love that flower and the extra background stamping. THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love the way you combined the colors from Play Date with this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Both versions are super fun and clever!! Great colors, delicious elements, and a terrific application of the sketch! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...