Monday, March 19, 2012

MIM #58...Graduated Backgrounds.

Hello.  Happy Monday to you.  Hope your week is off to a great start.  So the technique of the week this week at Papertrey Ink blog was a graduated background created with markers, ink refills or in my case watercolor crayons.
I started with PTI's white cardstock.  Then scribbled the colors across the cardstock in whatever order you want.  I then used a waterbrush to blend the colors together.  After the cardstock dried I stamped the greeting in black and die cut the house from the set "Loves Lives Here".  Popped up the background and heart with foam tape.

Later, Sentimentally Sue.

5 comments:

  1. This is stunning in its simplicity! The background is gorgeous, and I love the way you've popped it up along with the heart. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Every little thing is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Sue! Love the simplicity of the negative space and the popped up heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo bright and pretty!!! Love the colors and the die cut negative!!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...