Monday, April 2, 2018

Rainy Day

Hello. Hopping you had a great Easter weekend and have now adjusted back to the work week. We are bracing for the next round of snow. Wishing it was Spring and coming to grips that it will be very late this year. Thought I would work on a watercolor card today. The loose blending of colors is my favorite technique lately.


(Close-up to see the pearl.)

I used Tim Holtz watercolor paper today. His is my favorite because it is so white. I taped a piece down to my mat and spritzed it with water then used my Arteza brush pens to add my color. Hitting it with my heat gun between coats. I also used my Kuretake watercolors pearl color to add a bit of metallic to the wash. I dried it totally with my heat gun before stamping the Concord and 9th Hi There Bear set  in Versafine black ink. Then added some Nuvo Crystal Drops to look like rain. Finally I mounted it to a top fold 110lbs white note card. I will enter it in a few challenges. First up is the Less Is More Case challenge.
Below is the card we are CASEing.

Next up is the rain challenge over at Addicted to CAS.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge was Anything Goes.


And finally the AAA Cards challenge was to use our favorite technique. Watercolor for me!
Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

10 comments:

  1. What a great way to use elements from Aileen's card and make your own, unique CASE! Love the artsy background and the different hues of blue. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super make for this week's "CASE the card" LIM challenge

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. And those colours are so beautiful! Thanks for joining in with the favourite technique challenge at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely water-coloring, Sue. Soft and pretty. Thanks for joining in at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a gorgeous background wash, Sue, love the addition of the pearl. And topped with a simple linear image and sentiment, perfectly CAS for LIM.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The variety you get when using this technique just blows my mind, Sue. Your color combination and the added pearlescence is fabulous. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card for any kind of stressful situation, not just a get well card. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific way to combine challenges. Thanks for sharing at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how your watercolor fits your scene! Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...