Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Rainbow Magnolia

Hello and happy Tuesday to you! I was playing with my Kuretake watercolors the evening and wanted to work in some rainbow inspiration. 
My card started with a piece of Distress watercolor paper. I used the smooth side and heat embossed the Mondo Magnolia from Essentials by Ellen in Ranger Gold Tinsel embossing powder three times. I was trying to get a foiled look. I then wet the paper and used the watercolor paints to float color at a diagonal.  When dry I cut the paper apart to create the panels and mounted them to a 110lbs white, top folding card base. I heat embossed the greeting from Papertrey Ink Sentiment Staples: Birthday in Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder on  scrap of white cardstock. Popped it up with foam tape also. The photo below is our inspiration from the Pin-Sights challenge on the CLASSroom blog.

I also used my favorite watercolor technique.


Finally we are wishing Simon Says Stamp a happy 9th birthday over on their Wednesday challenge blog.
Thanks

5 comments:

  1. very pretty, background, luv the gold embossing! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colours! Really pretty card. Thanks for playing along with the favourite technique challenge at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, how beautifully your rainbow background looks as well as this flower embossed in gold. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin
    Click through to see now a new Clean and Simple card with Die Cutting on The Edge Technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you split the panel. Beautiful card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful and creative card! Lovely! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...