Friday, August 10, 2012

Hello Sunshine!

Hey there!  Beautiful sunshine and cooler weather here in the mid-west today.  Love it. So this card was a challenge for me on many levels but you know how I love a challenge.  I have a hard time watercoloring.  I even took a class once and bombed.  The other thing is glitter. It is messy and I don't like messy.  But the bingo card over at Simon Says blog said diecuts, free and glitter.  So here we go...
 I started with a Papertrey Ink kraft base in a 4.25 by 4.25" square card (CAS-Fridays Challenge #65).  Then stamped music in Palette Noir ink with a stamp from Nina B.  Die cut some flowers and leaves from a old hymnal and stamped and watercolored them with dies and stamps from PTI "Friends Till the End" set.  I used the PlayDate Cafe challenge colorway and dye based inks from Stampin Up.  Mounted my flower and leaves to a 3.75" square of kraft cardstock and popped it up with foam dots.  Stamped the greeting strip with Palette ink and a PTI greeting.  Added Score-Tape and glitter to the greeting.




The Make-it-Monday challenge #77 was to use dye based pads to watercolor an image.
Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!
Sentimentally Sue

7 comments:

  1. You have used all my favorite elements for your square card! This is truly lovely in every way! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well there is a lot there ..and it works very well together! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this...bunches! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your watercoloring is really beautiful! Glad to have you join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! love how you used old music, it really adds nice "dimension" to the card! Thanks for playing along in The Play Date Cafe challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely card chick - what gorgeous colours :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful flower and I love the monochromatic layers. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to me!

Color Throwdown Guest Stamper

 Hey there! I was asked last week to be the guest stamper on the latest Color Throwdown Challenge. I was honored to accept the color challen...